Subject: Re: Multicast snooping fixes and suggestions

From: "H. Peter Anvin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 20:46:44 -0800

On 02/23/2011 08:04 PM, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 07:16:17PM -0800, H. Peter Anvin wrote:
>>
>> Are these packets likely to address that situation (or am I just plain
>> doing something stupid)?
> 
> No these patches deal with IPv6 multicast support in the bridge and
> are not related to your problem.
> 
> If you're using the bridge for virtualisation and you know that
> you don't have a loop in your setup, then one option would be to
> disable STP on your bridge.

Hi,

I have disabled STP on the bridge; it doesn't change the behavior.

	-hpa

-- 
H. Peter Anvin, Intel Open Source Technology Center
I work for Intel.  I don't speak on their behalf.