Subject: [PATCH 0/4] rcu: don't assume the size of struct rcu_head

From: Lai Jiangshan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 16:03:15 +0800

We always keep the struct rcu_head very small, but we may change it in future
or under some CONFIGs.

There are some other systems may assume the size of struct rcu_head as 2 * sizeof(long).
These assumptions obstruct us to add debug information or priority information
to struct rcu_head. It is time to fix them.

It is glad that I just find 3 places which need to be fixed. These 4 patches
are just cleanup patches when the size of struct rcu_head == 2 * sizeof(long).
NO overhead added and NO behavior changed.
Even when the size of struct rcu_head becomes larger, only slub is changed a little.

Signed-off-by: Lai Jiangshan <[email-masked]>
---

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Fight unfair telecom internet charges in Canada: sign http://stopthemeter.ca/
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>