Subject: Re: source route ignored in favor of local interface

From: Joe Buehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2011 14:31:58 -0500

> If you really want to modify things, have you looked at your ip rules?
> "ip ru" will dump them.  Typically it looks something like
> 
> 0:      from all lookup local
> 32766:  from all lookup main
> 32767:  from all lookup default
> 
> The last item in each row is the name of the routing table.  As you can
> see, the first rule is for local interfaces, and a later rule deals with
> the main and default routing tables.
> 
> You could move the local lookup to rule 1 and add in a new rule 0
> specifically dealing with your situation.

We have tried some variations on modifications to ip rules, but the
kernel appears to treat rule 0 specially -- it cannot be deleted, for
example.  This results in the enforcing of local interfaces before
source routes -- surely something that should be a policy decision, not
hard-coded.

Let me rephrase and ask: Does anyone know how to replace the priority 0
rule?

Joe Buehler