Subject: Re: [PATCH] via-rhine: Work around invalid MAC address error

From: "Alex G." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 04:04:31 +0200

On 03/09/2011 11:44 PM, David Miller wrote:
> Sorry.
Don't sweat it.

> I'm going to ignore you're postings for a day or two,
That means I can bash you and you won't notice too soon.

> I've already
> invested an enormous amount of time and energy into getting you to
> submit patches which are properly formed and actually get accepted by
> the tools that we all use.
You have done nothing more than point me to obsolete documentation, and
bash me after following it. If the the less than five minutes of your
life that you have spent giving me short, uninformative, or outright
wrong information are "an enormous amount of time and energy", please
tell me how much you get paid an hour, so that I can pay you for those
minutes (preferably via PayPal). Please be advised, that I will ask my
bank for a chargeback should it come to this.

> Nobody else has these kinds of problems
> and can submit properly formed patches.
> 
I assume this tool is" git". If so, it is called "git" for a reason.

I simply wanted to fix a problem I found. I don't know what tools you
are using, how they work, etc. Please don't expect me to guess. If you
want _everybody_ to get it right the first time, then have the decency
to update the fucking documentation, before insolently directing people
to it.

> I would strongly suggest that you try to email the patch to yourself,
> save the email into a file, and feed it to "git am" on a fresh tree,
> making sure that when then looking at what the resulting commit looks
> like.
Now this is the first useful bit of information you have bothered giving
me this whole time.

Alex