Subject: nfs client doesn't work [was: mmotm 2011-03-31-14-48 uploaded]

From: Jiri Slaby <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 10:56:37 +0200

On 03/31/2011 11:48 PM, akpm-de/[email-masked] wrote:
> The mm-of-the-moment snapshot 2011-03-31-14-48 has been uploaded to

Hi, nfs client is defunct in this kernel. Tcpdump says:
10:51:55.489717 IP 10.20.11.33.759945860 > 10.20.3.2.2049: 132 getattr
fh 0,0/24
10:51:55.515927 IP 10.20.3.2.2049 > 10.20.11.33.759945860: reply ok 44
getattr ERROR: Operation not permitted
10:51:55.515949 IP 10.20.11.33.921 > 10.20.3.2.2049: Flags [.], ack
3569361440, win 115, options [nop,nop,TS val 599750 ecr 255058541], length 0
10:52:04.130310 IP 10.20.11.33.793500292 > 10.20.3.2.2049: 76 getattr fh
0,0/24
10:52:04.152178 IP 10.20.3.2.2049 > 10.20.11.33.793500292: reply ok 44
getattr ERROR: Operation not permitted

If I run the same mount command (mount -oro,intr host:dir mountpoint)
from within a virtual machine with 2.6.38.2 there, everything mounts OK.

thanks,
-- 
js
suse labs
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-nfs" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html