Subject: Re: Low performance Intel 10GE NIC (3.2.10) on 2.6.38 Kernel

From: Alexander Duyck <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 07:50:03 -0700

On 4/10/2011 12:02 AM, Wei Gu wrote:
> Hi , I haven't enable the packet header spilting, so I think no
> netdev_alloc_page() will be called in my case.
>
> BTW, I also did the same test from 2.6.33 to 2.6.35 kernel, looks the
> problem happens from 2.6.35, cause 2.6.32/33/34 do not see this
> problem at all, they all works pretty good.
>
> I modify the .configs base on the FC13/14, and also manully set the
> DMAR DEFAULT to off, chose the SLAB as the memory allocator (same as
> RHEL6 2.6.32). For more detail about the config, please check the
> attached file
>
> Thanks WeiGu

WeiGu,

In order to try and isolate this issue I was wondering if you could try 
our out-of-tree ixgbe driver from e1000.sf.net?  The idea would be to 
test it on 2.6.34 and 2.6.35 in order to determine if the issue is due 
to a change in the kernel or a change in the driver.  If the performance 
is the same on these two kernels with our out-of-tree driver then we 
know the issue is a change somewhere in the ixgbe driver in the kernel.

Thanks,

Alex