Subject: Hight speed data sending from custom IP out of kernel

From: Michal Simek <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 11:49:21 +0200

Hi,

I would like to create demo for high speed data sending from custom IP through 
the ethernet. I think the best description is that there are dmaable memory 
mapped registers or just memory which store data I want to send (for example 200MB).
Linux should handle all communication between target(probably server) and host 
(client) but data in the packets should go from that custom IP and can't go 
through the kernel because of performance issue.

Ethernet core have own DMA which I could use but the question is if there is any 
option how to convince the kernel that data will go directly from memory mapped 
registers and the kernel/driver/... just setup dma BD for headers and second for 
data.

Do you have any experience with any solution with passing data completely out of 
kernel?

Thanks,
Michal

-- 
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng)
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854
Maintainer of Linux kernel 2.6 Microblaze Linux - http://www.monstr.eu/fdt/
Microblaze U-BOOT custodian