Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next-2.6 3/3] bonding,ipv4,ipv6,vlan: Handle NETDEV_BONDING_FAILOVER like NETDEV_NOTIFY_PEERS

From: Brian Haley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 15:34:00 -0400

On 04/19/2011 03:12 PM, Jay Vosburgh wrote:
>>> 	Brian Haley added the unsolicited NAs; I've added him to the cc
>>> so perhaps he (or somebody else) can comment on the necessity of keeping
>>> the ability to send multiple NAs.
>> [...]
>>
>> How about restoring the parameters like this:
> 
> 	I think the patch below is better than Brian's suggestion (new
> single parameter) because it won't break existing configurations, even
> though it is doing magic under the covers.  If the magic is a real
> concern, we could add logic to detect when both parameters are used and
> set to different values, but I'm not really that worked up about it as
> long as the magic is clearly documented.

My patch was on-top of Ben's, it still left the old options around, just
gave people time to notice they didn't work as before.  It's not a big
deal either way.

-Brian