Subject: Re: r8169 : always copying the rx buffer to new skb

From: Chris Friesen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 May 2011 13:04:19 -0600

On 04/26/2011 08:18 PM, John Lumby wrote:

> So - question :
> is there any way, when returning from rtl8169_poll, to tell napi
> something like :
> " finish this interrupt context and let something else run on this CPU
> (always CPU0 on my machine) BUT reschedule another napi poll on this
> same device at some time after that "

Does the hardware support any options for interrupt mitigation?  I've 
used some devices where you can specify a minimum time between 
interrupts such that even if NAPI re-enabled interrupts and there were 
packets waiting the hardware would wait a certain time before raising a 
new interrupt.

Chris

-- 
Chris Friesen
Software Developer
GENBAND
[email-masked]
www.genband.com