Subject: Re: VLAN test cases in 2.6.38.7

From: Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:33:28 -0700

On 05/24/2011 07:47 PM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Ben Greear<[email-masked]>
> Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 15:52:52 -0700
>
>> Either my ubridge code is broken, or 2.6.38.7+ doesn't send
>> tp_vlan_tci
>> properly.  All I ever see is zero for that field.
>
> You need to put the af_packet socket into TPACKET_V2 format.

Actually, that doesn't seem needed.  I just needed to give more
space to the cmsg buffer to account for the cmsg struct overhead.
(And I had a bunch of other bugs, but that was the only one
that directly affected the tci field.)

I think that TPACKET_V2 stuff might be only for reading
memmapped messages or something like that?

It looks like for any flexible user-space code, we are just going
to have to use recvmesg instead of recvfrom, and add the extra checks
for cmesg data.  I'll post code when I get it working better so
the next person to try this might have an easier time :P

I think we will need to add the has-vlan-tci flag to the cmesg
data, and probably also remove that masking of the CFI bit.

I've no idea about socket filters, but maybe someone else can
deal with that :)

Thanks,
Ben

-- 
Ben Greear <[email-masked]>
Candela Technologies Inc  http://www.candelatech.com