Subject: [ANNOUNCE]: Release of iptables-1.4.11

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 18:53:18 +0200

The netfilter coreteam presents:

    iptables version 1.4.10

the iptables release for the 2.6.39 kernels. Due to some mistakes
on my side we didn't have a release for longer than expected, so
this contains a rather large number of changes.

Changes include:

- various bugfixes, cleanups and documentation updates

- a new "guided option parser" from Jan, replacing a lot of the
  open-coded option parsing by a data driven parser

- support for the current SET target as contained in 2.6.39

- support for the new devgroup match

- support for the new AUDIT target

- support for a new NFQUEUE bypass option, allowing to bypass the
  queue if no userspace listener is present

- a new iptables option "-C" to check for existance of a rules

- a new xtables-multi binary which supports both IPv4 and IPv6

See the attached changelogs for the full list of changes.

Version 1.4.11 can be obtained from:

http://www.netfilter.org/projects/iptables/downloads.html
ftp://ftp.netfilter.org/pub/iptables/
git://git.netfilter.org/iptables.git

On behalf of the Netfilter Core Team.
Happy firewalling!