Subject: Re: KVM induced panic on 2.6.38[2367] & 2.6.39

From: Brad Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 21:38:53 +0800

On 02/06/11 07:03, CaT wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 07:52:33PM +0800, Brad Campbell wrote:
>> Unfortunately the only interface that is mentioned by name anywhere
>> in my firewall is $DMZ (which is ppp0 and not part of any bridge).
>>
>> All of the nat/dnat and other horrible hacks are based on IP addresses.
>
> Damn. Not referencing the bridge interfaces at all stopped our host from
> going down in flames when we passed it a few packets. These are two
> of the oopses we got from it. Whilst the kernel here is .35 we got the
> same issue from a range of kernels. Seems related.

Well, I tried sending an explanatory message to netdev, netfilter & cc'd 
to kvm, but it appears not to have made it to kvm or netfilter, and the 
cc to netdev has not elicited a response. My resend to netfilter seems 
to have dropped into the bit bucket also.

Is there anyone who can point me at the appropriate cage to rattle? I 
know it appears to be a netfilter issue, but I don't seem to be able to 
get a message to the list (and I am subscribed to it and have been 
getting mail for months) and I'm not sure who to pester. The other 
alternative is I just stop doing "that" and wait for it to bite someone 
else.

Cheers.
Brad

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Fight unfair telecom internet charges in Canada: sign http://stopthemeter.ca/
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>