Subject: Re: KVM induced panic on 2.6.38[2367] & 2.6.39

From: Brad Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2011 00:07:28 +0800

On 03/06/11 23:50, Bernhard Held wrote:
> Am 03.06.2011 15:38, schrieb Brad Campbell:
>> On 02/06/11 07:03, CaT wrote:
>>> On Wed, Jun 01, 2011 at 07:52:33PM +0800, Brad Campbell wrote:
>>>> Unfortunately the only interface that is mentioned by name anywhere
>>>> in my firewall is $DMZ (which is ppp0 and not part of any bridge).
>>>>
>>>> All of the nat/dnat and other horrible hacks are based on IP addresses.
>>>
>>> Damn. Not referencing the bridge interfaces at all stopped our host from
>>> going down in flames when we passed it a few packets. These are two
>>> of the oopses we got from it. Whilst the kernel here is .35 we got the
>>> same issue from a range of kernels. Seems related.
>>
>> Well, I tried sending an explanatory message to netdev, netfilter &
>> cc'd to kvm,
>> but it appears not to have made it to kvm or netfilter, and the cc to
>> netdev has
>> not elicited a response. My resend to netfilter seems to have dropped
>> into the
>> bit bucket also.
> Just another reference 3.5 months ago:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/netfilter-devel/msg17239.html

<waves hands around shouting "I have a reproducible test case for this 
and don't mind patching and crashing the machine to get it fixed">

Attempted to add netfilter-devel to the cc this time.