Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/3] net: msm_ipc: Add user-space support for MSM_IPC Router

From: Bryan Huntsman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2011 13:41:53 -0700

On 06/09/2011 01:15 PM, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> I can see some good use cases for having a socket to do IPC between OS
> images that have a shared memory interconnect. What I see as most
> problematic is to have it defined in a way that is tightly connected
> to specific hardware from one vendor. If the protocol was defined
> in a way that is useful for communication between virtual machines
> (e.g. on top of virtio) and tranparent PCI bridges, it would probably
> be much more acceptable.
> 
> 	Arnd

Yeah, we're trying to figure out the best way to do socket-based
communication between various images within a SoC.  I was thinking that
some kind of registration scheme would be necessary for the new AF to
support different SoCs and communication mechanisms.  We'll take a look
at ways to have a generic implementation.  Thanks.

- Bryan

-- 
Sent by an employee of the Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum.