Subject: Re: TCP keepalives ignored by kernel when the contain timestamps

From: Charles Bearden <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2011 13:13:54 -0500

On 06/10/2011 01:04 PM, Eric Dumazet wrote:
> Le vendredi 10 juin 2011 à 13:00 -0500, Charles Bearden a écrit :
>
>> Each keepalive from the Win2008 machine has a 1-byte payload 0x00. The last byte
>> of the last packet with a payload before that from the Win2008 host (at
>> 14:40:18.166394 in the paste) is also 0x00. Is that what you were asking about?
>>
>
> Yes, thats fine, thanks :)

One other thing: when tcp timestamps are disabled on the Linux (receiving) end, 
so that the Win2008 host sends keepalives without timestamps, the checksums in 
the keepalives are correct. It's only when the keepalives also contain 
timestamps that the checksums are broken.

If you think this might be a Linux kernel issue, I'll be glad to keep working 
with you, but I don't want to spam this list if my problem isn't relevant. Thank 
you for your help in any case.

Chuck