Subject: Re: [PATCH] net/usb: Add Samsung Kalmia driver for Samsung GT-B3730

From: Marius Kotsbak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2011 23:57:53 +0200

On 11. juni 2011 22:06, Greg KH wrote:
>>>> > >> + * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
>>>> > >> + * but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
>>>> > >> + * MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
>>>> > >> + * GNU General Public License for more details.
>>>> > >> + *
>>>> > >> + * You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
>>>> > >> + * along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
>>>> > >> + * Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
>>> > > These two paragraphs are not needed, and unless you want to track the
>>> > > FSF's office changes for the next 40+ years, I'd really suggest not
>>> > > putting it in there at all.
>>> > >
>> > 
>> > Same here, I have reused what I found in other modules. Do you have an
>> > example of a module with the recommended header?
> Just take out these two paragraphs and you should be fine, and be sure
> that you really mean "any later" for your license and that you didn't
> copy any code from a non "any later" file.
>

Japp, that is fine for me. Fixed the other stuff and sent updated patch
now. How is the possibility of getting a stable backported version of
this one accepted (to Ubuntu LTS/Natty kernel versions)?

--
Marius