Subject: Re: [PATCH] ssb: use pci_dev->revision

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 15:20:11 +0400

Hello.

On 23-06-2011 19:32, Michael Büsch wrote:

>>>> The bus scan code reads PCI revision ID from the PCI configuration register
>>>> while it's already stored by PCI subsystem in the 'revision' field of 'struct
>>>> pci_dev'...

>>>> Signed-off-by: Sergei Shtylyov<[email-masked]>

>>>> ---
>>>> The patch is against the recent Linus' tree.

>>>> There's another place where the revision ID register is read but as 16-bit
>>>> entity (probably by mistake though), so I didn't convert it...

>>> Where is that?

>>      drivers/ssb/pci.c, line 741.

> Yes that probably is by mistake. Can you convert it as well, please?

    Tnen that whole function needs to be converted, as it reads subsystrem ID 
from the PCI config. space, while it's aready stored by PCI core. That is a 
matter of yet another patch.

WBR, Sergei