Subject: Re: [PATCH] NET: AX88796: Tighten up Kconfig dependencies

From: Sergei Shtylyov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 13:17:54 +0400

Hello.

On 25-06-2011 22:00, Ralf Baechle wrote:

> In def47c5095d53814512bb0c62ec02dfdec769db1 the AX88796 driver got

    Please also specify the summary of that commit.

> restricted to just be build for ARM and MIPS on the sole merrit that it

    Merit?

> was written for some ARM sytems and the driver had the missfortune to

    Misfortune?

> just build on MIPS, so MIPS was throw into the dependency for a good
> measure.  Later 8687991a734a67f1638782c968f46fff0f94bb1f added SH but

    Summary here too, please.

> only one in-tree SH system actually has an AX88796.

> Tighten up dependencies by using an auxilliary config sysmbol
> HAS_NET_AX88796 which is selected only by the platforms that actually
> have or may have an AX88796.  This also means the driver won't be built
> anymore for any MIPS platform.

> Signed-off-by: Ralf Baechle<[email-masked]>

WBR, Sergei