Subject: Re: [RFC 5/5] [powerpc] Implement a p1010rdb clock source.

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 15:00:06 +0200

On 08/08/2011 02:48 PM, Robin Holt wrote:
>>> OK.  Dug a bit more.  The p1010 built-in clocksource seems to be the
>>> periphereal clock frequency which is system bus frequency divided
>>> by 2.  The clock source can not be changed, but the clock divider can
>>> by freezing the interface and setting the CTRL register.  This appears

>> Which bit(s) in the CTRL register is/are this?

> PRESDIV bits 24-31.  Documented on the P1010 reference manual section 21.3.3.2.

We have and use these bits on arm, too. These bits are calculated and
set by the driver[1]. These bits are touched in freescale's 2.6.35
version of the flexcan driver, too.

From my point of view it makes no sense to specify this divider in the
OF-tree. We just need the frequency of the clock entering the flexcan
core. Which is, as you say, the system bus freq/2.

[1]
http://lxr.linux.no/linux+v3.0.1/drivers/net/can/flexcan.c#L597
-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |

_______________________________________________
Socketcan-core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/socketcan-core