Subject: Re: [RFC 5/5] [powerpc] Implement a p1010rdb clock source.

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 17:23:18 +0200

On 08/08/2011 05:18 PM, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
>>>> Our contact with Freescale would prefer that I not post that patch until
>>>> we get the OK from freescale to do so since we received it under NDA.
>>>
>>> I don't think we currently need it. I prefer dropping and cleaning up
>>> the device tree stuff as it is not needed for the P1010 anyway. If a
>>> new processor shows up with enhanced capabilities requiring
>>> configuration via device tree, we or somebody else can provide a patch.
>>> Marc, what do you think?
>>
>> I will rebase shortly and provide a newer set of patches.
>>
>> I do think powerpc does need the device tree support.  That is how the flexcan_probe
>> is getting called.  How would you suggest I do it otherwise?

I think Wolfgang was talking about removing the clock* attributes from
the device tree, not the device tree bindings at all.

Marc
-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |

_______________________________________________
Socketcan-core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/socketcan-core