Subject: Re: [PATCH] bnx2x: suppress repeated error messages about Max BW

From: Michal Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 17:13:28 +0200

On 08/15/2011 02:33 PM, Eilon Greenstein wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-08-15 at 04:59 -0700, Michal Schmidt wrote:
>> and bnx2x_init_vn_minmax() calls bnx2x_extract_max_cfg() on the given
>> VN, so it seems that the warning can be produced for a non-current VN.
>
> You are right, only one function (the PMF) will call this code for all
> functions. But I suspect that if you have zero values, you will have
> them for all VNs - is that the case?

A tester reported getting only these 4 messages with the patch applied:

[bnx2x_extract_max_cfg:1074(eth4)]Illegal configuration detected for Max 
BW on vn 2 - using 100 instead
[bnx2x_extract_max_cfg:1074(eth5)]Illegal configuration detected for Max 
BW on vn 2 - using 100 instead
[bnx2x_extract_max_cfg:1074(eth6)]Illegal configuration detected for Max 
BW on vn 3 - using 100 instead
[bnx2x_extract_max_cfg:1074(eth7)]Illegal configuration detected for Max 
BW on vn 3 - using 100 instead

This suggests that VNs 0 and 1 had non-zero Max BW configuration.

Michal