Subject: Re: [PATCH] ipv6: Create module parameter for use_tempaddr

From: Brian Haley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:51:45 -0400

On 09/12/2011 12:37 PM, Paul Stewart wrote:
> Hello, folks.  I've been trying to upstream (or open a discussion on)
> adding a module parameter to enable IPv6 address privacy as a module
> parameter.  The author listed for if_inet6.c is not a bouncing email
> address.  Does anyone else have a suggestion for where to get this
> change vetted?  I'm now CC'ing the author and reviewer of the last
> module parameter change for ipv6.

I think David would just tell you to be patient, your patch is listed in
patchwork, http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/netdev/list/ , and git.kernel.org
is still down...

>>>  static int disable_ipv6_mod = 0;
>>> @@ -89,6 +92,11 @@ MODULE_PARM_DESC(disable_ipv6, "Disable IPv6 on all interfaces");
>>>  module_param_named(autoconf, ipv6_defaults.autoconf, int, 0444);
>>>  MODULE_PARM_DESC(autoconf, "Enable IPv6 address autoconfiguration on all interfaces");
>>>
>>> +#ifdef CONFIG_IPV6_PRIVACY
>>> +module_param_named(use_tempaddr, ipv6_defaults.use_tempaddr, int, 0444);
>>> +MODULE_PARM_DESC(use_tempaddr, "Enable IPv6 address privacy for autoconfiguration by default");
>>> +#endif

I don't know if you want this under an #ifdef, since that could fail a module
load on certain kernel builds - people might want to put the same entry in a
conf file whether the kernel supports it or not (if it's accepted).

And you failed to update Documentation/networking/ipv6.txt

-Brian