Subject: Re: [PATCH v5 1/8] SUNRPC: introduce helpers for reference counted rpcbind clients

From: Stanislav Kinsbursky <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 20:20:01 +0400

20.09.2011 19:11, Jeff Layton пишет:
>
> In general, it's difficult to get locking right, especially when you
> start mixing multiple locks on related resources. Personally, I'd go
> with a simpler scheme here. There's not much value in protecting this
> counter with a spinlock when the other parts need to be protected by a
> mutex. If you do decide to do it with multiple locks, then please do
> document in comments how the locking is expected to work.
>
> An alternate scheme might be to consider doing this with krefs, but I
> haven't really considered whether that idiom makes sense here.
>

Jeff, please, have a look at my answer to Bryan Schumaker.
Does it allay your apprehensions?

-- 
Best regards,
Stanislav Kinsbursky