Subject: Re: [PATCH net/stable] can bcm: fix tx_setup off-by-one errors

From: Oliver Hartkopp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 09:46:46 +0200

On 09/29/11 06:33, David Miller wrote:

> From: Oliver Hartkopp <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 20:23:47 +0200
> 
>> This patch fixes two off-by-one errors that canceled each other out.
>> Checking for the same condition two times in bcm_tx_timeout_tsklet() reduced
>> the count of frames to be sent by one. This did not show up the first time
>> tx_setup is invoked as an additional frame is sent due to TX_ANNONCE.
>> Invoking a second tx_setup on the same item led to a reduced (by 1) number of
>> sent frames.
>>
>> Reported-by: Andre Naujoks <[email-masked]>
>> Signed-off-by: Oliver Hartkopp <[email-masked]>
> 
> Applied, and queued up for -stable.

Hello Dave,

when backporting the patch to an older kernel we discovered a problem this
patch is introducing - which causes a new regression :-(

Could you please revert this patch and dequeue it from stable?

We'll send a new patch for net-next as this fix changes/repairs the behaviour
of the count variable. Therefore it's probably better to have a fixed Kernel
version where the fix emerges. Or should we better not fix it at all and
document it in 'know bugs' ?

Sorry for that noise ...

Thanks,
Oliver