Subject: Re: [PATCH v13 0/6] flexcan: Add support for powerpc flexcan (freescale p1010)

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 13:48:10 +0200

On 10/18/2011 01:43 PM, Kumar Gala wrote:
> Thanks, I'll look into this internally at FSL.  I think its confusing
> as hell to have "fsl,p1010-flexcan" in an ARM .dts and don't think
> any reasonable ARM customer of FSL would know to put a PPC SOC name
> in their .dts.  I'll ask the HW guys what's going on so we can come
> up with a bit more generic name so we don't have to constantly change
> this.  Even if its just:
> 
> fsl,ppc-flexcan & fsl,arm-flexcan.

If you talk the HW guys ask them for a name for the coldfire flexcan
core, too please ;)

cheers, Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |

_______________________________________________
Socketcan-core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/socketcan-core