Subject: 3c505.c: Does not compile on linus/master [f362f98]

From: Boaz Harrosh <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:12:20 -0700

Doing an "make ARCH=i386 allmodconfig" on  linus/master  [f362f98] gives me the below
compilation breakage.

(Fedora_15_amd64 machine)

It's probably old news but I thought I'll report it as part of my obligation
as a Kernel monkey

Cheers
Boaz
----

/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘send_pcb’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:390:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:390:4: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:436:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:435:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘start_receive’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:557:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:557:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘receive_packet’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:629:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:629:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘elp_interrupt’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:667:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:665:5: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:689:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:689:6: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:724:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:723:8: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:729:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:728:9: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:736:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:736:8: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:746:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:746:7: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:756:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:755:7: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:766:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:765:7: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:776:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:775:7: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:792:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:792:7: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:800:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:800:7: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:821:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:820:6: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘elp_open’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:854:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:854:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:916:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:916:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:940:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:940:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:962:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:962:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘send_packet’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:992:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:992:4: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1014:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1014:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1040:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1040:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘elp_timeout’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1057:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1057:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘elp_start_xmit’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1079:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1079:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1088:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1088:4: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1094:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1094:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘elp_get_stats’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1113:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1113:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘elp_close’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1175:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1175:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘elp_set_mc_list’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1219:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1219:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1253:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1253:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘elp_sense’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1289:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1289:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c: In function ‘elp_autodetect’:
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1355:1: error: expected identifier before string constant
/net/ca-quad-11a-boot/samana/bharrosh/git/loo-ct/drivers/net/ethernet/i825xx/3c505.c:1355:3: error: expected ‘}’ before ‘.’ token