Subject: Re: [PATCH] flexcan: Fix CAN_RAW_RECV_OWN_MSGS and CAN_RAW_LOOPBACK

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 23:49:41 +0100

On 10/31/2011 11:43 PM, Reuben Dowle wrote:
> Currently the flexcan driver uses hardware local echo. This blindly
> echoes all transmitted frames to all receiving sockets, regardless what
> CAN_RAW_RECV_OWN_MSGS and CAN_RAW_LOOPBACK are set to.
> 
> This patch now submits transmitted frames to be echoed in the transmit
> complete interrupt, preserving the reference to the sending socket.
> This allows the can protocol to correctly handle the local echo.
> 
> Signed-off-by: Reuben Dowle <[email-masked]>

there were some comments inline in my original mail.

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |