Subject: Re: [PATCH] net: Add back alignment for size for __alloc_skb

From: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 00:31:19 +0100

On 03/11/2011 00:24, Tony Lindgren wrote:

> 
> Seems to be SLOB for omap1_defconfig.
> 
> Tony

OK this makes sense now

Your patch is absolutely needed, I completely forgot about SLOB :(

since, kmalloc(386) on SLOB gives exactly ksize=386 bytes, not nearest
power of two.

[   60.305763] malloc(size=385)->ffff880112c11e38 ksize=386 -> nsize=2
[   60.305921] malloc(size=385)->ffff88007c92ce28 ksize=386 -> nsize=2
[   60.306898] malloc(size=656)->ffff88007c44ad28 ksize=656 -> nsize=272
[   60.325385] malloc(size=656)->ffff88007c575868 ksize=656 -> nsize=272
[   60.325531] malloc(size=656)->ffff88011c777230 ksize=656 -> nsize=272
[   60.325701] malloc(size=656)->ffff880114011008 ksize=656 -> nsize=272
[   60.346716] malloc(size=385)->ffff880114142008 ksize=386 -> nsize=2
[   60.346900] malloc(size=385)->ffff88011c777690 ksize=386 -> nsize=2

Acked-by: Eric Dumazet <[email-masked]>

Thanks !