Subject: Re: [PATCH 0/2] clean up tx_bytes accounting

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 16:03:23 +0100

On 11/03/2011 03:37 PM, Kurt Van Dijck wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 03:27:38PM +0100, Oliver Hartkopp wrote:

>>>> Next step would be to do the statistics inside can_get_echo_skb(), but that's
>>>> affecting all drivers using it ...
>>>> Kurt
>>>
>>> Interesting idea
>>
>>
>> Yes, but then the name of the function is not appropriate anymore.
>>
>> The return value for can_get_echo_skb() gives a silent improvement that can be
>> adopted by CAN drivers by the time. But hiding more functionality inside this
>> function may lead to misunderstandings.
> That's what I described with the obscure phrase "..." :-)
> 
> Marc's proposed patch is indeed easier to digest at the time.

+1, I'll repost my fixed branch. Let's first integrate that one.

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |