Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next] Sweep away N/A fw_version dustbunnies from the .get_drvinfo routine of a number of drivers

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 14:35:23 -0800

On 11/22/2011 02:22 PM, Francois Romieu wrote:
> Rick Jones<[email-masked]>  :
> [...]
>> Per discussion with Ben Hutchings and David Miller, go through and
>> remove assignments of "N/A" to fw_version in various drivers'
>> .get_drvinfo routines.  While there clean-up some use of bare
>> constants and such.
>
> Any reason why drivers/net/ethernet/realtek/r8169.c is left in the
> cold ?

No specific reason.  I might not have caught it with my find/grep, or it 
might not have been built in my build environment - after I cloned 
net-next, I brought the .config file from my 64-bit ubuntu virtual 
system to the BE (been bringing it along rather like sourdough starter), 
did a make oldconfig, took all the defaults, did a "make" and then only 
modified those files for which I found the "N/A" in the .c file and 
which had a corresponding .o - that way I "knew" that my changes would 
at least be compiled subsequently and so minimizing the chances of 
incurring davem's wrath by sending him non-compiling code :)

rick jones