Subject: Re: [BUG] 3.2-rc2: BUG kmalloc-8: Redzone overwritten

From: Christine Caulfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:58:22 +0000

On 26/11/11 20:50, David Miller wrote:
> From: Steven Whitehouse<[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:58:30 +0000
>
>> I have to say that I've been wondering lately whether it has got to the
>> point where it is no longer useful. Has anybody actually tested it
>> lately against "real" DEC implementations?
>
> I doubt it :-)
>

DECnet is in use against real DEC implementations - I have checked it 
quite recently against a VAX running OpenVMS. How many people are 
actually using it for real work is a different question though.

It's also true that it's not really supported by anyone as I orphaned it 
some time ago and nobody else seems to care enough to take it over. So 
if it's becoming a burden on people doing real kernel work then I don't 
think many tears will be wept for its removal.

Chrissie

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Fight unfair telecom internet charges in Canada: sign http://stopthemeter.ca/
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>