Subject: Re: [PATCH net-next v2 1/4] can: cc770: add driver core for the Bosch CC770 and Intel AN82527

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 15:18:25 +0100

On 11/28/2011 03:10 PM, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:

>>>   enum {
>>> 	CC770_OBJ_RX0 = 0,	/* for receiving normal messages */
>>> 	CC770_OBJ_RX1,		/* for receiving normal messages */
>>> 	CC770_OBJ_RX_RTR0,	/* for receiving remote transmission requests */
>>> 	CC770_OBJ_RX_RTR1,	/* for receiving remote transmission requests */
>>> 	CC770_OBJ_TX,		/* for sending messages */
>>> 	CC770_OBJ_MAX  <================
>>
>> ...then add a "," here :P
> 
> Why?

Okay - here the following argument will be not valid :), because OBJ_MAX
will and has always to be the last element in the enum.

But if you don't have a _MAX argument and a new element will be added to
the enum, you'll have to change two lines: 1. add the missing "," 2. add
the new element. Diff will look better if the last element always has a ",".

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |

_______________________________________________
Socketcan-users mailing list
[email-masked]
https://lists.berlios.de/mailman/listinfo/socketcan-users