Subject: Re: pull request: wireless-next 2011-11-28

From: Kalle Valo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 13:58:06 +0200

On 11/29/2011 02:55 AM, David Miller wrote:

> Pulled, but please push back on the ath6kl guys, they seem to have
> this disease where they add tons of debugfs files

Sorry about that. I was under impression that there are no strict rules
for debugfs files and drivers can add them without too much worries, but
it seems I was wrong.

> for controlling things like QoS from userspace instead of creating
> and using generic configuration machanisms via netlink or similar
> that any other driver could support too.

Adding a generic QoS interface would take some time to implement and I
doubt that we (=ath6kl team) can do that anytime soon as our first
challange has been to get ath6kl working properly with cfg80211. That's
why we ended up having a debugfs interface for qos as our first step.

Kalle
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html