Subject: Re: iwlagn regression in v3.1.5

From: Andrej Gelenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 20:05:20 +0100

Hi,

i haven't experienced firmware crushes, but after that commit i don't 
get any networking with my wlan card. I added some lspci and dmesg 
output to the patch. There was no strange output in my dmesg. dhcpcd 
says in logs, that carrier lost after about 30 seconds. How can i 
reproduce the HT40 bug?

Regards,
Andrej

On 12/11/2011 07:23 PM, wwguy wrote:
> On Sun, 2011-12-11 at 08:58 -0800, Andrej Gelenberg wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is pretty mean regression for the stable kernel. You may the fix
>> only for cards, which need it and not for all of them.
>
> Could you elaborate more on the failure case and setup. this patch is to
> address HT40 related problem which cause the iwlwifi firmware crash.
>
> Thanks
> Wey
>>>
>
>