Subject: Re: [PATCH] pch_can: fix error passive level test

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 10:39:09 +0100

On 12/12/2011 10:31 AM, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
> On 12/12/2011 10:17 AM, Marc Kleine-Budde wrote:
>> On 12/12/2011 09:05 AM, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
>>> On 12/12/2011 08:16 AM, Xi Wang wrote:
>>>> The test (((errc & PCH_REC) >> 8) > 127) would always be false because
>>>> the receive error counter ((errc & PCH_REC) >> 8) is at most 127, where
>>>> PCH_REC is defined as 0x7f00.  To test whether the receive error counter
>>>> has reached the error passive level, the RP bit (15) should be used.
>>>>
>>>> Signed-off-by: Xi Wang <[email-masked]>
>>>
>>> Acked-by: Wolfgang Grandegger <[email-masked]>
>>
>> Is this patch a candidate for stable?
> 
> You mean for the "net" branch? Yes, I think so.

Even for all trees which contain this driver (in a working version),
which is v2.6.38 and newer.

Marc
-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |