Subject: Re: BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 000000000000002c

From: Stefan Priebe - Profihost AG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 13:57:21 +0100

Hi,

>> Am 01.12.2011 22:05, schrieb Eric Dumazet:
>>> Le jeudi 01 décembre 2011 à 15:37 -0500, Josh Boyer a écrit :
>>>
>>>> Did you mean f2c31e32bf2c31e32b378a665 ?
>>>
>>> Oh well, yes ;)
>>>
>>>>> But this patch needs some followup patches (some of them in David net
>>>>> tree, not yet in Linus tree)
>>>>
>>>> 9de79c127cccecb11ae6a21ab1499e87aa222880 (net: fix potential neighbour
>>>> race in dst_ifdown()) is in Linus' tree.  Which others are missing?
>>>
>>> Hmm
>>>
>>> Linus tree :
>>>
>>> commit 580da35a31f91a594f3090b7a2c39b85cb051a12
>>> IB: Fix RCU lockdep splats
>>>
>>> David tree :
>>>
>>> commit 218fa90f072e4aeff9003d57e390857f4f35513e
>>> ipv4: fix lockdep splat in rt_cache_seq_show
>>>
>>> commit f7e57044eeb1841847c24aa06766c8290c202583
>>> sch_teql: fix lockdep splat
>

I made a backport while using these commits from v3.1.5:

5eb027bb82d1f9d4af0df73a3ce08945ffc1b481 => sch_teql: fix lockdep splat
de5f8dc38303f9a1fc58349f0d1c6f46a8034a00 => > IB: Fix RCU lockdep splats
f667de2e66ea9b8f99353ff01221bb355faf3f3c => > ipv4: fix lockdep splat in
rt_cache_seq_show

9de79c127cccecb11ae6a21ab1499e87aa222880 (fix for f2c31e32b378a)
f2c31e32b378a6653f8de606149d963baf11d7d3 => Fri Jul 29 19:00:53 2011
lock dep splat

d3aaeb38c40e5a6c08dd31a1b64da65c4352be36 => net: Add ->neigh_lookup()
operation to dst_op

3769cffb1c48f64640ffab7ce3bffe867342c0f0 => ip4 neigh lookup
f610b74b14d74a069f61583131e689550fd5bab3 => arp hash func
cd0893369ca85fd11bc517081b2d9079d2ef2f90 => store hash shift instreadof mask

e049f28883126c689cf95859480d9ee4ab23b7fa => fix helpers
69cce1d1404968f78b177a0314f5822d5afdbbfb => introduce helper
9cbb7ecbcff85077bb12301aaf4c9b5a56c5993d => ipv6: Get rid of
rt6i_nexthop macro.

Anybody interested? And if how to send my commits / diffs?

Stefan