Subject: Re: [PATCH] can: flexcan: fix irq flooding by clearing all interrupt sources

From: Marc Kleine-Budde <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 13:59:22 +0100

On 12/13/2011 01:53 PM, Wolfgang Grandegger wrote:
>> I got my MX35PDK board working and can confirm, that the patch works on
>> a i.mx35 as well. My testing also confirms, that the ESR TWRN_INT,
>> RWRN_INT, FLEXCAN_ESR_BOFF_INT do not function as documented. These
>> flags do show up once, together with ERR_INT, and then, after clearing,
>> never again. Obviously a bug in the Flexcan logic. From the feedback we
>> can say, that only the i.MX28 does behave differently (==correctly). All
>> other seem to work with the current code:
>>
>>  Flexcan on
>>  - i.mx25
>>  - i.mx35
>>  - i.mx53
>>  - P1010/P1020
> 
> But unfortunately, state change reporting looks different with this patch :)

Hmm - so not schedule for stable. What about your buf-off-handling, will
this change the reporting again?

Marc

-- 
Pengutronix e.K.                  | Marc Kleine-Budde           |
Industrial Linux Solutions        | Phone: +49-231-2826-924     |
Vertretung West/Dortmund          | Fax:   +49-5121-206917-5555 |
Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686  | http://www.pengutronix.de   |