Subject: Re: [PATCH v9 0/9] Request for inclusion: per-cgroup tcp memory pressure controls

From: Christoph Paasch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 14:49:11 +0100

Hi,

On 12/13/2011 01:07 AM, David Miller wrote:
> From: Glauber Costa <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 11:47:00 +0400
> 
>> This series fixes all the few comments raised in the last round,
>> and seem to have acquired consensus from the memcg side.
>>
>> Dave, do you think it is acceptable now from the networking PoV?
>> In case positive, would you prefer merging this trough your tree,
>> or acking this so a cgroup maintainer can do it?
> 
> All applied to net-next, thanks.

now there are plenty of compiler-warnings when CONFIG_CGROUPS is not set:

In file included from include/linux/tcp.h:211:0,
                 from include/linux/ipv6.h:221,
                 from include/net/ip_vs.h:23,
                 from kernel/sysctl_binary.c:6:
include/net/sock.h:67:57: warning: ‘struct cgroup_subsys’ declared
inside parameter list [enabled by default]
include/net/sock.h:67:57: warning: its scope is only this definition or
declaration, which is probably not what you want [enabled by default]
include/net/sock.h:67:57: warning: ‘struct cgroup’ declared inside
parameter list [enabled by default]
include/net/sock.h:68:61: warning: ‘struct cgroup_subsys’ declared
inside parameter list [enabled by default]
include/net/sock.h:68:61: warning: ‘struct cgroup’ declared inside
parameter list [enabled by default]

Because struct cgroup is only declared if CONFIG_CGROUPS is enabled.
(cfr. linux/cgroup.h)

Christoph

-- 
Christoph Paasch
PhD Student

IP Networking Lab --- http://inl.info.ucl.ac.be
MultiPath TCP in the Linux Kernel --- http://mptcp.info.ucl.ac.be
Université Catholique de Louvain
-- 

--
To unsubscribe, send a message with 'unsubscribe linux-mm' in
the body to [email-masked].  For more info on Linux MM,
see: http://www.linux-mm.org/ .
Fight unfair telecom internet charges in Canada: sign http://stopthemeter.ca/
Don't email: <a href=mailto:"[email-masked]"> [email-masked] </a>