Subject: Re: [Announce] LARTC wiki available

From: Niccolò Belli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 18:13:38 +0100

Il 29/12/2011 17:19, Hagen Paul Pfeifer ha scritto:
> But I don't like the idea to outhouse the existing wiki. Why two wikis?

Because if you need an invite to edit something then it isn't a wiki 
anymore, for example.

> What happened with the wiki server if you leave the university?

This isn't a problem, because relocating would be as simple as doing a 
database dump. Releasing dumps publicly wouldn't be a problem too. Also, 
there is no reason to keep using my servers when better alternatives 
arise. I created the wiki in a dedicated server because I didn't find 
viable alternatives (unlike for the mailing list) and considering the 
few feedbacks I received hopefully doing something tangible would create 
more interest: I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who thinks there 
isn't enough documentation for the *end user*.

> So maybe the user
> restriction on linuxfoundation.org should be changed?

Yes, IMHO.

> https://www.wiki.kernel.org/.

It seems a wiki for a kernel hacker, not for the end user.

P.S.
Feedbacks are welcome, if there is no interest at all maybe we should 
just discard the idea after all.

Thanks,
Niccolò