Subject: Re: [Announce] LARTC wiki available

From: Niccolò Belli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2012 14:07:06 +0100

Il 02/01/2012 13:48, Ed W ha scritto:
> Wikis seem to be massive spam targets at the moment (I run a small wiki,
> I added registration to try and limit spammers, then I added silly
> captchas, then I added some auto spam word recognition. I'm now at the
> point that for such a small and niche wiki I might just get people to
> apply to me personally for an edit option, it's just too boring dealing
> with the spam...)

Thank you for your answer, I wanted a wiki because I want lartc to be as 
independent as possible, the final goal is to find someone who can 
assure continuity to the documentation even if I give up (like vger for 
the ml): I want to avoid what happened to lartc.org and the old mailing 
list.

Did you try ReCAPTCHA 
(http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ReCAPTCHA)? Do you use 
mediawiki or something else?

Again, if someone is experienced and willing to help, any help is 
appreciated. I can share ftp/phpmyadmin if someone wants to co-maintain it.

Thanks,
Niccolò