Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] drivers: net: Fix dependency for EEPROM_93CX6

From: Larry Finger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2012 10:11:21 -0600

On 01/05/2012 07:37 AM, Fabio Estevam wrote:
> Fix the following build warning:
>
> warning: (KS8851&&  AX88796_93CX6&&  RTL8180&&  RTL8187&&  ADM8211&&  RT2400PCI&&  RT2500PCI&&  RT61PCI&&  RT2800PCI&&  R8187SE) selects EEPROM_93CX6 which has unmet direct dependencies (MISC_DEVICES)
>
> Signed-off-by: Fabio Estevam<[email-masked]>
> ---
> Changes since v1:
> - Place MISC_DEVICES dependency into the 'depends on' line

Is this the right way to fix this? Whenever I get this kind of build warning, I 
usually attribute it to a problem with my local configuration and fix my copy of 
.config, not modify the build system. With this change, it seems to me that a 
lot of devices will suddenly disappear from the build with little explanation. I 
don't feel confident enough to NACK the patch, but I would like an expert to 
comment.

I have noticed that the defconfigs for various architectures are split between 
turning MISC_DEVICES on or off.

Larry
--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-wireless" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html