Subject: Re: brcm80211 breakage..

From: "Arend van Spriel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 22:01:13 +0100

On 01/11/2012 05:04 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Linus Torvalds
> <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Sadly, that one makes no difference. I'll enable BRCM/BCMA debugging
>> and see if that gives any more information, but will be unable to do
>> much for the next few hours, so it will likely not be until this
>> afternoon.

There goes my theory. I have no MacBook Air over here and we have
nightly testing running for this chip. I will have it run on your branch
iso wireless to see if I can reproduce it over here.

> Ok, could do it now. But that really doesn't give much more
> information. Here it is anyway:
> [   41.797178] brcmsmac bcma0:0: mfg 4bf core 812 rev 23 class 0 irq 17
> [   41.952030] bcma: Switched to core: 0x820
> [   41.952050] bcma: Switched to core: 0x800
> [   41.953881] ieee80211 phy0: wl0: brcms_b_attach: si_attach failed
> [   41.956397] ieee80211 phy0: wl0: brcms_b_attach: failed with err 11
> [   41.958443] ieee80211 phy0: wl0: brcms_c_attach: failed with err 11
> [   41.960468] ieee80211 phy0: brcmsmac: attach() failed with code 11
> [   41.962316] brcmsmac: brcms_bcma_probe: brcms_attach failed!
> [   41.967275] brcms_module_init: register returned 0
> 
> hopefully this gives people *some* idea, but I'm not seeing anything.
> 
>          Linus
> 

I have some idea, but no success in reproducing it. Could you provide
the .config used on this?

Gr. AvS