Subject: ipset 6.x - bitmap:ip,mac not working

From: Vlado Drzik <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 17:52:26 +0100

Hello All,

Would like to ask whether someone is actually using IP sets in recent
kernel version with bitmap:ip,mac match.
I've updated from ipsets 4.x to ipset 6.10 and kernel 3.1.8 and I've
noticed that bitmap:ip,mac never match.
I've tested also bitmap:ip and that one is working fine.

Test setup:

ipset create ipmac_test bitmap:ip,mac range 172.16.0.0/16
ipset add ipmac_test 172.16.1.254,00:11:22:33:44:55

iptables -I INPUT -i eth0 -m set --match-set ipmac_test src

And after I'm running some communication from host 172.16.1.254 with
source MAC 00:11:22:33:44:55.

But there are not packets matched by the rule in iptables.
Using just bitmap:ip it is working fine. Also previous version 4.x was
working fine with macipmap.

Many thanks.
Regards,
Vladimir Drzik