Subject: Re: [0/5] bcma/brcmsmac suspend/resume cleanups and fixes

From: "Arend van Spriel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:33:06 +0100

On 01/16/2012 03:00 PM, Arend van Spriel wrote:
> On 01/14/2012 04:50 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>> 2012/1/13 Arend van Spriel <[email-masked]>:
>>>
>>> Upon suspend my laptop hangs (see trace below pulled from serial
>>> console). I do not see the pr_debug in the suspend function (compiled
>>> with -DDEBUG). Unfortunately the same happens when I don't insert bcma
>>> and brcmsmac. I attached the kernel configuration.
>>
>> Ok, I note that you do have MCE enabled.
>>
>> The MCE problems should be fixed in current -git, and so it might be
>> worth re-testing with that.
>>
>>                    Linus
>>
> 
> Hi Linus,
> 
> I build a kernel with MCE disabled and tested that. It still hung. I
> decided run the kernel with nomodeset parameter to avoid framebuffer
> issues. Now the suspend worked, but resume failed. Just heard a beep and
> that was it. I will refresh the tree and build another kernel with MCE
> enabled.
> 

I build a new kernel with MCE enabled. Same issue. I did not load bcma
or brcmsmac yet. Attached is trace I could pull from the kernel log
(str-test-*).

I also tried the pm_test and attached the trace for that
(str-devices-*). No bcma/brcmsmac test done with it yet.

Gr. AvS

-----------------------------------
version: 3.2.0-08699-ga93ce74

a93ce74 bcma: invalidate the mapped window over suspend/resume
d205a29 brcmsmac: remove PCI suspend/resume from bcma driver
310c9f8 bcma: connect the bcma bus suspend/resume to the bcma driver
suspend/res
6f55bd0 bcma: add stub for bcma_bus suspend()
83d836c bcma: convert suspend/resume to pm_ops
53999bf error: implicit declaration of function 'module_flags_taint'
122804e Merge branch 'v4l_for_linus' of
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kerne