Subject: Re: [0/5] bcma/brcmsmac suspend/resume cleanups and fixes

From: "Arend van Spriel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:37:13 +0100

On 01/17/2012 02:12 AM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> 2012/1/16 Arend van Spriel <[email-masked]>:
>>
>> I build a new kernel with MCE enabled. Same issue. I did not load bcma
>> or brcmsmac yet. Attached is trace I could pull from the kernel log
>> (str-test-*).
> 
> Oh well. Everything looks fine in the test traces - the warnings are
> annoying and nasty, but a known issue and not dangerous (and I have a
> patch in my tree to fix them now).
> 
> So if the real suspend fails, it's some other subsystem that has
> gotten broken. I don't think I have any other reports like that yet,
> and there is not a lot to go on. If you could try to bisect it (I
> assume plain Linux-3.2 works fine?) that woudl be wonderful, otherwise
> I think we're stuck waiting for somebody else to hit it and figure it
> out.
> 
>                  Linus
> 

I am going to give the bisect a try. Hopefully (not likely) it will take
not too many steps.

Gr. AvS