Subject: Re: brcm80211 breakage..

From: "Arend van Spriel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 20:49:52 +0100

On 01/31/2012 08:36 PM, Henrik Rydberg wrote:
>>> So Ack on the patch from me, but it should go through the network
>>> guys. Arend, John?
>>>
>>
>> The SPROM code in bcma needs some attention, because the availability of
>> it depends between chipsets. I think in bcma not all variations are
>> known and thus lacking implementation to handle those. So ultimately
>> bcma sprom code needs to be extended (looking at brcmsmac code). The
>> sprom code in brcmsmac can go when that has happened.
>>
>> I will dive into that. I have not hit the "Failed to get SPROM" case so
>> any chipset info would be appreciated (Henrik?).
> 
> I guess my first mail never reached the netdev mailinglist. This is
> also a MacbookAir3,1. Booting from EFI looks like this:

It may have. I am not on that particular mailing list (maybe should) and
google did not help me find it. Thanks for the details.

Gr. AvS