Subject: Re: [PATCH] isdn: Return -EINTR in gigaset_start() if locking attempts fails.

From: Tilman Schmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 11:31:55 +0100

Am 16.03.2012 14:10, schrieb santosh nayak:
> From: Santosh Nayak <[email-masked]>
> 
> If locking attempt was interrupted by a signal then we should
> return -EINTR so that caller can take appropriate action.

NACK.

The return value of gigaset_start(), as documented in its
header comment, is:
 *	1 - success, 0 - error
Its callers rely on this. If you want to change it, you must
also change the documentation and the callers accordingly.
In its current form the patch would just break the driver.

Thanks,
Tilman

-- 
Tilman Schmidt                    E-Mail: [email-masked]
Bonn, Germany
Diese Nachricht besteht zu 100% aus wiederverwerteten Bits.
Ungeöffnet mindestens haltbar bis: (siehe Rückseite)