Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] net/garp: avoid infinite loop if attribute already exists

From: "Jorge Boncompte [DTI2]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 13:28:22 +0200

El 27/03/2012 21:01, David Ward escribió:
> An infinite loop occurred if garp_attr_create was called with the values
> of an existing attribute. This might happen if a previous leave request
> for the attribute has not yet been followed by a PDU transmission (or,
> if the application previously issued a join request for the attribute
> and is now issuing another one, without having issued a leave request).
> 
> If garp_attr_create finds an existing attribute having the same values,
> return the address to it. Its state will then get updated (i.e., if it
> was in a leaving state, it will move into a non-leaving state and not
> get deleted during the next PDU transmission).
> 
> To accomplish this fix, collapse garp_attr_insert into garp_attr_create
> (which is its only caller).
> 

	I wouldn't mind if you credited me given that your patch now is based on my fix
and analysis. ;-)

Anyway...

Acked-by: Jorge Boncompte [DTI2] <[email-masked]>