Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] net/garp: avoid infinite loop if attribute already exists

From: "Ward, David - 0663 - MITLL" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 09:28:50 -0400

On 28/03/12 07:28, Jorge Boncompte [DTI2] wrote:
> El 27/03/2012 21:01, David Ward escribió:
>> An infinite loop occurred if garp_attr_create was called with the values
>> of an existing attribute. This might happen if a previous leave request
>> for the attribute has not yet been followed by a PDU transmission (or,
>> if the application previously issued a join request for the attribute
>> and is now issuing another one, without having issued a leave request).
>>
>> If garp_attr_create finds an existing attribute having the same values,
>> return the address to it. Its state will then get updated (i.e., if it
>> was in a leaving state, it will move into a non-leaving state and not
>> get deleted during the next PDU transmission).
>>
>> To accomplish this fix, collapse garp_attr_insert into garp_attr_create
>> (which is its only caller).
>>
> 	I wouldn't mind if you credited me given that your patch now is based on my fix
> and analysis. ;-)

Please add to commit message:

Thanks to Jorge Boncompte [DTI2] <[email-masked]> for contributing to
this fix.

> Anyway...
>
> Acked-by: Jorge Boncompte [DTI2]<[email-masked]>
>