Subject: sky2 still badly broken

From: Niccolò Belli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 22:15:10 +0200

dmesg is full of

[ 1464.914044] sky2 0000:06:00.0: eth0: rx error, status 0x5220002 
length 1314
[ 1465.005628] sky2 0000:06:00.0: eth0: rx error, status 0x7ffc0001 
length 532
[ 1465.204459] sky2 0000:06:00.0: eth0: rx error, status 0x7ffc0001 
length 532
[ 1465.825909] sky2 0000:06:00.0: eth0: rx error, status 0x7ffc0001 
length 532
[ 1468.715858] net_ratelimit: 3 callbacks suppressed
[ 1468.715865] sky2 0000:06:00.0: eth0: rx error, status 0x7ffc0001 
length 532

dhcp does not work (after a few minutes it does not renew the ip)

while under heavy load the card resets and I have to unload and reload 
the module

also transfer rate is VERY low.

lowering the mtu does help a bit, but it doesn't make miracles...

kernel 3.4.0-rc4

06:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8055 PCI-E 
Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 13)

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-487018-start-0-postdays-0-postorder-asc-highlight-.html

Thanks,
Niccolò